Sunday, December 19, 2021

Tokyo's Magic Door!

Money Heist: Part 1. 
Tokyo-( a member of heist and her lover- Rio, sitting on a bathroom floor in Royal Mint of Spain)
Tokyo has just got a news of her mother's death and she feels guilty. Remembering her mother, she narrates a story to Rio. 

Tokyo: "She was so pretty and I made her so upset. She only wanted to protect me. She loved me. She loved me like crazy. She wanted me to turn myself in prison, so she wouldn't see me dead on TV. When I was little, if she was there I didn't worry about anything. She just wasn't always there. My Mom worked at a luggage factory. When the money ran out of the end of the month, she'd work at night. She didn't have anyone to take care of me. So I was home alone. I was so scared. I was eight or nine. 
So my mom invented a trick. She drew a door on my bedroom wall. It was a magic door. If I was scared, I could open it and she would be right there. But she said I could only open it once. Only one time in my life if I needed her. So, when I was afraid, I always thought, I need to hold out just a little more, a little more. I never opened it."
Rio: "You're the strongest person I know and the most incredible."
....
Fear: Such a perplexed emotion. It's a shadow of our own weaknesses we want to run away from. We all have these shadows lingering around us and waiting to captivate us from the little spaces of our thoughts. But I believe fear is....incredible! It's a blend of some hidden tragedies and a symphony of some unsaid self-insecurities. It's a terrified yet an inflamed feeling of falling from the edge of a mountain with sinking heart, trembling hands and warm eyes. I believe fear is like a poetess within us who writes mind-numbing elegies to her beloved at night and crumbles them at dawn to smile pretentiously at the world again. She escapes from the world, from herself each day.
But you know what's even more splendid than our fears?
It's that "power to stand against them". Our power to deal with them strongly. Strength: Such a mighty emotion. And more incredible than fear. And that's what we call 'Tokyo's Magic Door!' We all have that door around us or within us. Sometimes, it's carved on a small tile of our bathroom wall and sometimes it stands still in a nook of our minds to be opened only once in our life. 
But that tiny door gives us the power to hold out a little longer everytime when we feel that we are going to fall off that edge. The power to close our drenched eyes, to slowly breathe hope and to calm the chaos. 
It makes us believe that if we don't run away from our fears and face them boldly today, then we might save our chance to open the door tomorrow. It makes us accept our tragedies and rejoice with those symphonies, a little longer each day. It gives us a secure feeling that our gaurdian angel exists on the other of the door to save us but..just once. And so, we need to find it and keep it safe with us. And once that magical door is found, our poetess would never scratch those elegies again but would graciously read them for the world in the memory of her beloved. And just like Tokyo, she would be the strongest person ever known. 
  - Inspired from Spanish Series- Money Heist. 

14 comments:

  1. Wow wow wow!!!! This is extremely beautiful!! Tears🥺😍😍

    ReplyDelete
  2. So beautifully and thoughtfully mentioned how to face our fear...keep it up...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice beta.. you have articulated the perfect emotion behind the magic door… let everybody possess such door in his/her life to face life boldly… bravooo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Extremely beautiful ananya keep it up.
    Kalpana Deshmuk

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ananya.. Veryy well articulated.. your thoughts while writing this has reached the hearts if the readers to pass the message.. Keep writing.. way to go 👌👌👏👏✋

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful write up!👌👌👌💐

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very subtle n candid take... Beautiful expression

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very well written. It touches the very string of childhood fear everyone might have gone through. Indeed splendid. Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete