Friday, June 28, 2019

Knock-Knock!



Dear Room no. 208,

                                 Hey, are you there? Just wanted to tell you that I passed by your place the other day and stopped to see you. Just to look over and see whether you are doing fine without us. And at that time I realized that you are quite changed now. And at the same moment I went straight two years back and saw myself at the same place. I remember on that day when, for the same first time, I reached your door with those large suitcases and boxes filled with my stuff and my awkwardness, I was pretty sure that you are going to be the worst place to live in. I unlocked your door and kept my shaking feet inside. I wandered my eyes around and there you were…a large but not so large space with those four walls in dull and dirty colors. That space was filled with three single beds, three tables, cupboards and a big window. Unpacking all my stuffs I decorated you with my fear, my sadness, my anger and my anxiety. Gradually I got used to your cold and clean floor and the smell of my loneliness. The days felt long and the nights became dark.
                               And then it was the day when everything just changed, when two more feet walked in…and the floor, the walls, the smell, the fear, the days and the nights turned into the most beautiful world for me. It became something which substituted my happiness, my satisfaction, my strength, my hopes and became a place to be the ‘real me’. It was when two pure souls stepped in as my roommates and brought a spark in my life and made it shine like the moon in the sky. As the days passed, the ‘formal hellos’ and ‘awkward permissions’ modified themselves into ‘caring hugs’ and ‘ loving talks.’ And soon I was with a new family. A small family of beauty, innocence, cuteness, firmness, dreams, laughter, helpfulness and friendship in the form of blood and flesh, heart and bones. There I started building my beautiful world with the bricks of all the infinite memories. Some of these bricks were hard and filled with those fights on small issues and quarrels on simple matters, while some were soft due to the touch of that eternal love, some bricks were little prickly as they were filled with our sadness and cries in a difficult phase but those were covered with the consoling bricks. The bricks of joy were filled with those birthday celebrations, right from its preparations till the uploading of its photos. The bricks of fun, which were filled with those Sunday outings and Saturday nights of songs and dances , playing of cards and tasty Maggie, were fitted in your corners. The bricks of laughter, filled with those friendly gossips, jokes on warden and abusive praises for one another, were fitted down on your floor. The bricks of support during exams filled my world with smiles while the bricks of purity, kindness, respect and belief were fitted in the gaps of your walls. The roof of togetherness sheltered my magical world and finally, the big window filled with all our emotions completed this zone and you became my sweet home!
                            And then it was the time for me to walk towards the present from the past. And so, I reached on the day when it was finally the time to reverse the gear in order to start the new journeys. Do you remember the same day when we stepped out of this heavenly world in order to create a new one? The day of repacking our stuffs and pulling off those strings of strength, that painting of smiles, those lamps of confidence and the lights of happiness through which we decorated you? The day of filling our boxes and bags with our positivity along with our chaotic mess? I don’t think you do. Because although our feet walked out , we left our world inside your locked door back with you to keep it safe. The walls were carved with our stories and colored with our secrets to protect our mystical world.  The beds, cupboards and the tables were covered with affection to beautify our loving world. The floor was crafted with madness and insanity to ground our crazy world and the fragrance of a forever bond was dropped to keep the freshness in our serene world. Those happy days and the memorable nights were left as the cherry on the cake. But this world was empty without our presence and was full by yours. It was incomplete without our touch but was beautiful by yours.   
                      And here we are today. We have found our livelihood, a new space to fit our things and ourselves. It may be a new exciting journey but always empty without your presence and incomplete without your touch. And you are now filled with the new steps and new souls creating their own world in you. There would be a mess, a chaos, beauty or a new growing love in there. But there still may be our old magical world popping out from somewhere in the corner. The walls would still be waiting for us to carve our unfinished stories, the floor would still be awaiting for us to bring back the dance of our madness and the melody of our happy laughs and all the emotions would still be sitting in the window, waiting for us to fly them in the air. Can you find this world somewhere? And can you give it back to me?
                                                                                                 Yours,
                                                                                                 Just an ex-hosteller.
                                                                        
                                         
#my3rdblog #mannkasturire...

8 comments:

  1. Ananya, heart touching writing with full of emotions, keep it up dear God bless you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you soo much for the appreciation and blessings!😊

      Delete
  2. Great Ananya! Such an enriched language!! So touching!Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for blessings and compliments! 😊

      Delete
  3. Poetic prose revealing plain-heart, ethereal emotive quotient and literary acumen ! Please keep on writing, sharing..ur creativity. - Vishwarupe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankk you so much kaka for your compliments and blessings! They always help me grow and stay happy! And yes kaka, I will always try n write in a better way every time! 😊😊

      Delete
  4. Dear Ananya,
    Simply excellent, touching & takes every reader to his/her own memories. Keep writing like your great father. Wish you all the very best.
    -Mukul Kaka

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much kaka! Your blessings and compliments motivate me to progress and to try and write in a more good manner! Thank you! 😊😊

      Delete